This post has been produced in partnership with dog behaviourist Nicky Crowe of Chilled Out Dogs, who is happy to offer online courses, advice and consultations.
Includes FREE printable packing list.
Prior to Travel
- Get your dog used to travel/the car/his crate before a long trip
- Ensure all vaccinations and documentation are up to date
- Check microchip contact details are current
- Restraint (Crate, Sleepypod Mobile Pet Bed, Seatbelt Harness Dog Guard)
- ID tag with up-to-date contact details & car reg. number
- Head torch & reflective doggie jacket or collar lights for night time pee runs
- Muzzle – required for check-in, on public transport & some public places
Food & Water
- Water bowl eg Road Refresher non-spill bowl
- Collapsible bowl for walks
- Drinking Water
- Food bowl
- Extra-large water container to cool down hot dogs in an emergency
Cleanliness & Hygiene
- Poo bags a-plenty + puppy pads & Odor Kill disinfectant if required
- Solid doggy shampoo
- Grooming kit (comb, scissors & nail clippers)
Health & Documentation
- Prescription medication
- Parasite Treatment (Fleas, Ticks, Worms, Mosquito & Sandfly etc)
- O’Tom Tick Removal Tool
- Doggy First Aid Kit
- Paw Wax
- Vet’s details – at home & destination
- Pet Passport/Animal Health Certificate & other medical documentation (originals, not copies)
Jackie Lambert is an author and doggie travel blogger who has toured Europe full time for the last five years with her husband and four dogs.
Jackie’s Adventure Caravanning with Dogs books have received multiple fiive-star reviews, been shortlisted for an award and achieved ‘Amazon Bestseller’ status.
To Download a printable pdf copy of the packing list, click the link below.
Like it? Pin it!
The links to products in this document are affiliate links with Amazon.co.uk. If you click through and make a purchase, I may make a small commission at no extra cost to you. This helps me to cover the cost of keeping my free to view blog online and ad free.
The products are carefully selected. They are usually ones we use ourselves, recommendations or bestsellers with great reviews.