Our First Year – La Traversée de la France!
Here are links in chronological order from accidentally buying a caravan, deciding to give up work to tour full time – and the adventures (and mis-adventures) that we had in our first year as we traversed France!
For more detailed maps with links to the relevant blogs in each area, click Maps
For site reviews & a run down of things to do in each place, click here.
From First-Time to Full-Time…!
- World Wide Walkies – The First Step – discovering the path to true happiness.
- How to Accidentally buy a Caravan – from “who on EARTH wants a caravan?” to caravan keepers!
- Carry on Caravanning – Part 1 – the decision to tour full-time & how to finance it.
- Carry On Caravanning – Part 2 The Maiden Voyage – “All the Gear and No Idea!” our first ever caravan experience.
- Livin’ the Dream Week 1 – Hare Farm, Twyford – fox poo, ticks & goose eggs; a caravan manoeuvering course & near death experience!
- Livin’ the Dream Week 2 – Pebble Bank Portland – “You can’t read that in a book!” Storms, a sunken road & a COLOSSAL sense of humour failure!
La Traversée de la France!
- Livin’ the Dream Week 3 – The Great Continental Divide – Post-Brexit Europe; 4th week – 3rd severe weather warning; pups in PRISON & a pitching debacle.
- A Postcard from Quiberon – Part 1– blighted by breakages, tricked by technology & foiled by French fusion cuisine; a trip to the vet; the most expensive fish in the world – & a road trip to NOWHERE!
- A Postcard from Quiberon – Part 2– lost at sea; French by numbers; more culinary capers…
- Avanton, Poitiers – Pays du Futuroscope – historical celebrities, EARN that Yorkie & the Aquaroll Approximation.
- Argenton sur Creuse – A Hold Up with a Hairpin! – how to maintain a successful relationship when you drive each other round the bend!
- Digoin – Now That’s What I Call a River Walk! – caravan envy, a National identity crisis, Lollipop Ladies & ships in the sky.
- En Route Again – Challes les Eaux – vulcanicity, the Debut Ding, avoiding the Pains of Aix – plus Perceptions of Proper Peaks!
- The End of the Line – Sixt Fer-à-Cheval – Flash Floods, Unlucky Jim, Killer Sheepdogs – & The Kamikaze Chemi Khazi!
- Unlucky Al-levard! – slips, trips, falls; mud, misdirection, missing millions – and some rude-sounding place names!
- A Trip Down Memory Lane – Merths & Memories in Marsanne & Mirmande!
- Happy with our Lot at the River Café – Lozère;”The Corner of SW France that the British haven’t discovered!”
- Taking it Easy in Les Eyzies – a dazzling dalliance in the Dordogne.
- Island Life – Boyardville, Île d’Oléron – a Storm in a Teacup, The Ubiquitous Evil & The Wrong Kind of Wind!
- Holy Fools – Île de Noirmoutier – In search of the world’s most expensive potato, the longest submersible road in Europe and The Perfect Storm.
- Island Life – Île de Noirmoutier – Moulins, Malodorous Mongrels & Mission Mussel!
- St Coulomb – Back Home to Mr Cock Up! – “Success is stumbling from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiasm…”
- Le Cock-Up on the Côte d’Émeraude – on the Maladroit Mastery of Multiple Moves, the Perilous Pitfalls of Polarity & the Liabilities of Loss & Levelling!
And Back in Britain!
- Blighted Back in Blighty – the course of caravanning never did run smooth…and here – an important lesson!
- Home – and Briefly Back ‘In the Brick’! Pecuniary Pandemonium; the Subconscious Rejection of a Conventional Lifestyle & STOPtober…
- Adventures Off Grid – Setthorns, New Forest – The answer is ‘Wednesday’; but what was the question?!
- Black Monday – Trouble at t’Mill, Lancashire. – “Travel broadens the Vocabulary…” join us for our WORST EVER DAY caravanning!
- And in Conclusion… – “Never go on trips with anyone you do not love.” We take stock of our 1st year – and decide what’s next!