Below, you will find practical tips and advice from our own experience of caravanning, with many useful links embedded within each blog.
We have been caravanning for only a few years and do not claim to be experts. We are UK based, so some aspects (such as legal requirements etc) will be UK specific. There is also no substitute for professional advice in certain areas. (Please see my Disclaimer.)
We simply aim to highlight some of the issues that we have faced, how we approached them and what we learned.
- Toilets: Toilet Training – how to avoid a Kamikaze Chemi-Khazi & other useful advice!
- Electrics: Reverse Polarity & Issues of Electrical Safety in a Caravan. – “electricity is just organised lightning” which is why you should be careful with it!
- Gas: Safefill Refillable Gas Bottle Review – save money & never run out of gas again!
- Caravan Sat Nav: Snooper Ventura Pro 2700 Review! – never get lost again. Maybe!
- Towing Safely & Legally – the art of pulling!
- To Tow or Not to Tow? – Is it Safe to Tow in High Winds? – make sure you live to tow another day…
Touring Full Time
- 10 Tips to Save Money while Caravanning – how we saved £1,000’s in our 2nd year!
- Tips for Planning the Perfect Trip – “So much world. So little time…” tips, tools & inspiration to help you make the most of your touring time.
- The Perils of Proximity – coping with the joy of togetherness – 24/7/365!
- The Question that No-One Dares Ask – “What Does It Cost You to Tour Full Time?!”
- So. What Did We Learn?! – “We Made the Mistakes so that You Don’t Have To!”
- Bailey ALKO Axle Problem – have you suffered the dreaded axle collapse? Here is how we approached Bailey, who eventually replaced the axle free of charge.
- Winterising your Caravan – getting your caravan ready for winter storage.
- Caravan Christmas List! – your caravan Christmas Alphabet!
See my Product Review page for honest, ‘Warts and All’ Product Reviews.
My blogs contain many useful web links. Please let me know via the comments if any of the links are broken.
Please note that the purpose of my blog is simply to inform and entertain, not provide professional advice. Please see my Disclaimer for further information.