Of all the dog-centric caravan travelling blogs I follow, this one is by far the best. Luke
Although I wouldn’t have said that we go where no van has gone before (until we went to Romania, when we definitely did!) we do like to get off the beaten track, into nature and stay well away from the crowds.
I hope that you enjoy reading our stories as much as I enjoy writing them and if you are a blogger – make sure that you tell my readers and I about YOUR blog! Pop a link in my Comments section.
And if you are one of the wonderful people who follow my blog, THANK YOU! Your support and encouragement means everything.
Our first two years of trips are now immortalised in print! Further down, you will find links to our latest trips and other adventures.
Year 1 – Fur Babies in France
“And then there is the most dangerous risk of all – the risk of spending your life not doing what you want on the bet you can buy yourself the freedom to do it later.” Randy Komisar
We were both made redundant in our early 50s and decided to get a dog. We ended up with four; Cavapoos Kai, Rosie, Ruby and Lani.
Then we accidentally bought a caravan. Celebrating our unexpected purchase, we got a little tipsy and decided to rent out the house, sell most of our possessions and tour in her full time.
When we sobered up, that is exactly what we did! Fur Babies in France is the story of our first year; a steep learning curve which involved a lot of breakages and a near-death experience on day one… However, touring France by the back roads, we eventually found what we were looking for. Beauty, peace and tranquillity, with a bit of windsurfing thrown in! To order Fur Babies in France, click here.
Year 2 – Dog on the Rhine
In our second year, we got a little more adventurous and crossed from France into Germany, The Czech Republic, Austria, Slovenia and Croatia before stopping for a little R&R in Italy on the way home.
In our travels, we went on a cycle ride with a group of pensioners and nearly got into a fight, took Caravan Kismet rafting on the river Neckar and discovered a good few places that we reckon are GOBs – GET ONYER BUCKETLIST! To order Dog on the Rhine click here.
- Trips; AD (After Dogs) – The Voyages of Caravan Kismet – here are the latest adventures that we have enjoyed with her.
- Adrenaline; BC (Before Canines) – from Walking with Wolves to a Honeymoon with venomous vipers; some of our adventures from the days before The Fab Four!
- Windsurf – interviews with World Champs, Ladies who Launch, How to Blag Your Way in Windsurfing and – my first ever windsurf race…!
- Ski – parables from On Piste – and Off!
- Why We Do It? – The Most Dangerous Risk of All…
- The Wuff Guide to Travelling with Dogs – practical advice, from Pet Passports, Pups on Piste & Travelling Safely with Dogs (including avoiding killer caterpillars!)
- The Knowledge – we made the mistakes so you don’t have to! From planning the perfect trip to surviving each other’s company; with towing, electricity & toilets thrown in!
- What Worked for Us! – how we managed to retire early to Live the Dream.
- 30s Site Reviews & Things to Do – a quick look at things to do, both dog-friendly & for the human crew – with a focus on the slightly less mainstream!
- Product Reviews – honest reviews of products that I have bought, used and abused.
- Gifts – ideas for Cool Caravan Cadeaux & Pawsome Pressies!
- The Dogs’ Biogs – meet The Travelling Cavapoos; Kai, Rosie, Ruby & Lani!
- The Caravan Keepers – meet Jackie & Mark; or ‘That couple with four dogs.’
- Caravan Kismet – meet our caravan; a Bailey Unicorn Vigo.
- Big Blue – meet our tow vehicle; a Hyundai iLoad panel van, or ‘Toy Box’!
- Praise for World Wide Walkies – feedback from a few of our readers.
- Recognition for World Wide Walkies – some of the media in which our adventures have featured.
Walk With Us
If you would like a dose of canine cuteness, caravan humour and travel inspiration delivered to your inbox every week, you can follow my blog by clicking ‘follow’ or entering your email address in the box on the right hand side of the page.
We look forward to walking with you!