We enjoy the quiet life and like to get off the beaten track. With four dogs in transit, dog-friendly is high on our agenda and we like sites with lots of off-lead walking available!
Mainstream attractions in any area are well covered elsewhere. While we will highlight those sights that are not to be missed, our reviews aim to point out some of the less crowded and more individual experiences. These are things that we have enjoyed, that locals have recommended or those which might not come up in a broad search for Tourist Information.
- Dorset – Pebble Bank, Portland, near Weymouth.– Jurassic Coast World Heritage Site, Magnificent Mountain Biking, in the steps of Lawrence of Arabia, Fresh Fish in a Beach Cafe, Sculpture by the Lakes & Olympic Windsurfing.
- Hampshire – Hare Farm, Twyford, Near Winchester.– King Arthur’s Round Table, Snow Leopards, A Stone Age Farm, 2 National Parks, English Countryside & Pubs.
- Wiltshire – Salisbury C&CC Site, Salisbury. – Stonehenge & BETTER neolithic World Heritage sites, the original Magna Carta, a 4000-year-old drovers’ trail, an ancient turf maze, a quirky art gallery & the prettiest part of the New Forest.
- Isle of Skye, Scotland – “One of the Greatest Drives in the World” to a magical island of mountains, castles, stunning wildlife & film locations. Skye is a G.O.B – Get Onyer Bucketlist!
- Brittany – Camping Municipal, Penthievre, near Quiberon – The largest collection of megalithic standing stones in the world, French Markets, easy coastal cycling, Medieval cities & Windsurfing wild, wavy & flat!
- Loire (East Central) – Camping La Chevrette, Digoin, Loire, East Central France – the oldest castle in Burgundy, miles of flat, off-road cycling & some of the most beautiful villages in France.
- Savoie (Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes, S.E. France) – Campsite Municipal Le Savoy, Challes les Eaux – mountains, Lakes, Thermal Springs, WINE; Puppy Pulling Power – & Passing up Petrol Power!
- Savoie (Rhône-Alpes, S.E. France) – Campsite Municipal Le Pelly, Sixt-Fer-à-Cheval – Spectacular Scenery, Walks, Waterfalls, Wildlife – & Those who Dare – Swim!
Please note that the purpose of my blog is simply to inform and entertain, not provide professional advice. Please see my Disclaimer for further information.