Year 3 – Dogs ‘n’ Dracula – A Road Trip Through Romania
According to The Spectator, Romania is “Europe’s most overlooked holiday destination”.
According to everyone else, it was somewhere where we would be robbed, scammed, kidnapped by gypsies, eaten by bears or attacked by wild dogs and wolves – if we managed to avoid the floods and riots.
Join us as we cross the Carpathian Mountains on one of the world’s most dangerous roads and earn our colours as Adventure Caravanners.
We truly did ‘Boldly Go Where No Van Has Gone Before’.
And we adopted one of those ferocious wild dogs…
Read an Excerpt
Towing the Transfăgărășan – Crossing The Carpathians with a Caravan – Caravan Kismet joins the Mile-High Club as she crosses the second highest mountain pass in Romania. Dubbed ‘The best road in the world’ by Jeremy Clarkson, the Transfăgărășan also features on the website Dangerous Roads.
This has been the hardest of the three books to write. To find out why, check out my launch blog here.
The ebook and paperback are available from Amazon stores worldwide. The ‘elsewhere in the world’ universal link should take you through to your local Amazon store.
The paperback is also available through Waterstones.com.
The picture shows a copy of Dogs ‘n’ Dracula being handed to the UK Ambassador to Romania, Mr Andrew Noble, It was taken at The Gaudeamus International Book and Education Fair in Bucharest.
This photo was kindly sent to me by Nautilus English Books, who distribute Dogs ‘n’ Dracula in Romania.
A Few 5* Reviews for Dogs ‘n’ Dracula
- Inspirational and hilarious – I am completely hooked on Jackie’s tales… I had never thought about taking a caravan to Romania but we are eagerly planning our trip. Keep these books coming!
- Another great read – This is a fantastic, fabulously written series, 100% recommended.
- Romania is now very much in my sights – Brilliantly evokes the highs and lows of camping across Europe, whilst painting pictures of places unknown in such a vivid palette that they immediately become ‘must visit’ destinations.
- Another lovely tail – Once again, once started, difficult to put down.
Reviews from Amazon.co.uk
- A Delightful Book about the Nomad Lifestyle – We’ve gone global! Click here to see a review of my book about British dogs in Romania featured on a wonderful Australian caravan website, Gum Trees and Galaxies!
- This is a very well-written and lovely book. I laughed, gasped, gazed and sighed with them throughout. Click here to read the full review on the excellent blog Marvellous Memoirs: Reviews and Links.
To see or follow my author profile on Amazon, please click here
This blog contains Affiliate Links with Amazon.co.uk. Please see my Affiliate Disclosure for more details.
Please Share on Pinterest!