I am very excited to reveal the cover, and announce the upcoming release of To Hel In A Hound Cart – A Journey To The Centre of Europe, the fifth (and final) instalment in my Adventure Caravanning With Dogs series.
These are true life road trip memoirs, following the trials and tribulations faced by my husband, Mark, and myself, since we decided to quit the rat race and give up work to live our dreams by touring Europe full-time with our four dogs.
Although they are part of a series, chronological in time, each adventure is a stand alone story.
What’s It All About?
“Go to Hel.”
The Polish local wasn’t being rude. She was describing Hel, Poland, a place well known for fine beaches and windsurfing. Ever since Jackie and Mark packed themselves and four dogs into a hound cart to tour Europe, they’ve learned lessons about overcoming obstacles – much more than they ever imagined.
Soon after they left, everything they knew about travelling changed.
COVID-19 stranded them in Italy, where they were forbidden to set foot outside their garden. When they were finally released from Italian lockdown, with borders closed and their own home rented out, a return to the UK was not an option. With only a rough idea where their wanderlust would take them, their adventures soon start stacking up. If you ever wanted to learn what full-time RV life really is like, this is the best place to start.
Join them as they navigate precipitous cliff-side roads, political unrest, and explore what it’s like to live with less, triumph over adversity, and not take things for granted.
Will they make it to Hel in a hound cart, or will that be what happens to their plans?
Praise for Jacqueline’s Previous Books
- “Full of fun. Told with excitement, vibrancy, and humour.” Fur Babies in France, review by Julie Haigh, Goodreads Librarian and Top 1,000 Amazon reviewer.
- “Well written, full of bounce and fun.” Fur Babies in France, editorial review by author Valerie Poore, on the website Marvellous Memoirs : Reviews and links.
- “Laugh out loud funny and a great travel guide.” Fur Babies in France, review by Boris42bronte on Amazon.co.uk
- “An Inspirational Travelogue.” Dog on the Rhine, review by Windyoneuk on Amazon.co.uk
- “Armchair Travel Delight.” Dogs ‘n’ Dracula, review by Frances Hampson on Amazon.com
- “Her nimble writing rivals Bill Bryson and Paul Theroux.” It Never Rains But It Paws, review by Liisa W. on Amazon.com
- “Jackie’s writing is extremely witty and clever. She makes you feel like you are travelling alongside her and Mark and their four adorable dogs,” It Never Rains But It Paws, review by author Sue Bavey on Goodreads
- Awards – Dogs ‘n’ Dracula
- Winner – Chill With A Book Readers’ PREMIER Award 2022
- Finalist in Romania Insider Awards for Best Promotion of Romania Abroad 2019
Where Can I Reserve My Copy?
The ebook is available for preorder on Amazon, ahead of publication on 9th December 2022. Click here to bag your e copy of To Hel In A Hound Cart on your local Amazon store now!
The paperback will also release in early December, in time for Christmas. It will make a great gift for the dog/travel/RV/caravan lover in your life!
Today is Make An Author Happy Day!
Want to quit work and travel? Check out How We Did It!
Want to travel with dogs? Check out The Wuff Guide to Travelling with Dogs
Want advice on RVs and touring? Check out The Knowledge – RV Travel Tips