While the latest Brexit deadline of Halloween would not prevent us from entering the EU, there was a good chance that it would scupper freedom of movement for The Fab Four.
As such, we left early for our ski season and embarked upon a leisurely trip to the Italian Alps. Here’s how it went.
Our Out-of-Season Odyssey
- Our Exit Before Brexit – to guarantee a clean exit from the UK , we are definitely leaving before the deadline, no ifs, no buts, come what may.
- The Fur-Friendly Ferry to France – we travel in style in a dog-friendly cabin.
- Hints on Heating, Heroines and Horses – Radon to Jargeau, France – we run into lots of problems – and run out of tea!
- The Magic of Morvan; Jargeau to Vézelay, Bourgogne, France – we explore the magical, medieval bastions of Burgundy. And drink some wine.
- Wine & Wonder on a Wet Thursday – Noyers-sur-Serein, Bourgogne, France – we play satnav roulette & discover the inspiration behind Disney’s ‘Beauty and the Beast’.
- Vents Violentes, The Beautiful Village & The Eternal Hill – Vézelay to Les Abrets, Isère, France
- Barolo or Bust – Camping Sole Langhe, Vergne, Italy – a lesson in leccy and a trauma in the terroir!
- A Dog-Friendly Wine Tour, Barolo, Italy – The Fab Four at large in the land of fine wines and Ferrero Rochers.
- Dogs in Barolo Wine Museum & A Template for a Long Lost Tattoo – some nasty surprises as we revisit Barolo castle!
- The Battle of the Oranges – The Carnevale di Ivrea – we have fun with the phantom fruit flingers!
- The Italian Jobsworth – A Brush With The Law in Coronavirus Lockdown – how life changed in a few short weeks. We come to terms with bureaucracy at its most bizarre.
Life in Lockdown – Coronavirus Survival Strategy
I have said before that if you want to make the gods laugh, tell them your travel plans. We ecaped Brexit – and found ourselves in quarantine!
To see how we’re coping, check out The Coronavirus Chronicles
Building The Beast – Our Brexit Busting Plan for 2021
- Our Brexit Busting Plan – our strategy to continue our travels, now that Brexit has happened.
- Carbon Footprints & The Beast – we justify our choice to live in a thirsty truck.
- The Birth of The Beast – How To Source & Spec. an Overland Truck
- Squaring The Circle – How To Import an Unregistered Belgian Truck from Holland into the U.K. – there were a few hoops to jump through…!
- Collecting The Beast, Our New Expedition Truck: Part 1 – Staffal to Rotterdam – change at Paris for Rotterdam. It should have been so straightforward…
- Collecting the Beast, Our New Expedition Truck: Part 2 – Rotterdam to Bournemouth – would our 30-year old army truck start & be roadworthy? That was the least of our problems!
If You Are Worried About Brexit
- Pet Travel After Brexit – the only certainty about Brexit is uncertainty, but here are the three possible outcomes and how to deal with them.
- Brexit Blues – How Brexit Will Affect European Travel