While the latest Brexit deadline of Halloween would not prevent us from entering the EU, there was a good chance that it would scupper freedom of movement for The Fab Four.
As such, we left early for our ski season and embarked upon a leisurely trip to the Italian Alps. Here’s how it went.
Our Out-of-Season Odyssey
- Our Exit Before Brexit – to guarantee a clean exit from the UK , we are definitely leaving before the deadline, no ifs, no buts, come what may.
- The Fur-Friendly Ferry to France – we travel in style in a dog-friendly cabin.
- Hints on Heating, Heroines and Horses – Radon to Jargeau, France – we run into lots of problems – and run out of tea!
- The Magic of Morvan; Jargeau to Vézelay, Bourgogne, France – we explore the magical, medieval bastions of Burgundy. And drink some wine.
- Wine & Wonder on a Wet Thursday – Noyers-sur-Serein, Bourgogne, France – we play satnav roulette & discover the inspiration behind Disney’s ‘Beauty and the Beast’.
- Vents Violentes, The Beautiful Village & The Eternal Hill – Vézelay to Les Abrets, Isère, France
- Barolo or Bust – Camping Sole Langhe, Vergne, Italy – a lesson in leccy and a trauma in the terroir!
- A Dog-Friendly Wine Tour, Barolo, Italy – The Fab Four at large in the land of fine wines and Ferrero Rochers.
- Dogs in Barolo Wine Museum & A Template for a Long Lost Tattoo – some nasty surprises as we revisit Barolo castle!
Building The Beast – Our Brexit Busting Plan
- Our Brexit Busting Plan – our strategy to continue our travels, now that Brexit has happened.
- Carbon Footprints & The Beast – we justify our choice to live in a thirsty truck.
If You Are Worried About Brexit
- Pet Travel After Brexit – the only certainty about Brexit is uncertainty, but here are the three possible outcomes and how to deal with them.
- Brexit Blues – How Brexit Will Affect European Travel